my husband is diabetic and has numb toes on one foot and today has bulging veins on that shin and numbness and puffiness. will this wait till monday to see doctor or is this an er situation?

Dr. Vance Harris
Have it looked at: If it is only on one foot then there is a chance he could have a blood clot in that leg and should be looked at today. Swelling in one foot and numbness that came on all of a sudden shouldnt wait. Good luck.
Dr. Ronald Oberman
Podiatry 31 years experience
Why chance it?: Get it checked out now. Diabetes with buldging veins and puffiness/swelling can be representative of several serious conditions: especially a clot(phebitis) or infection.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
Numbness in : A diabetic is common. Bulging veins normally is not acute. The concern for an er situation would be a clot in the calf. Usually, this would be painful or very tender but if he is numb may not be able to tell you that. If there is redness or inflammation/swelling to a calf region then it is prudent to go to the er.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry 22 years experience
Many possibilities: Numbness can occur from various reasons. Some potential causes include vitamin deficiency, nerve damage, nerve compression, and alcohol over consumption, side effects of different medications, or as a result of different systemic medical conditions such as diabetes. Get evaluated by a professional to determine the diagnosis. Treatment is based on the diagnosis.