Rosemead, CA

Every so often i get headaches in the back of my head a little bit above my neck, feels like a throbbing sensation. is it migraines? neuro said yes.

Dr. Cornelia Franz
Specializes in Pediatrics
Could be: If neuro said yes then it is...Migraines are a specific kind of headache. Often associated with auras, can be one-sided or both sides. Interfere with work/daily life. Often throbbing in nature. Can have issues with light or sound and often patient has to sleep it off in a dark quiet room. Can be triggered by foods, stress, etc. I have had great success with acupuncture and chinese medicine..
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Mark Khorsandi
Surgery 24 years experience
Most likely: Headaches originating in back of head most likely due to occipital neuralgia, a chronic nerve compression of the greater and or lesser occipital nerve due to tight muscle, fascia, and other tissues in the area. The nerves become more sensitive than usual and create the symptoms you experience.
Dr. Christopher Khorsandi
Plastic Surgery 24 years experience
Basilar Migraine: Usually arises from the compression of the greater occipital nerve in the back of the neck. The nerve becomes entrapped in the muscles of the neck. It can be decompressed and for significant pain relief. www.themigrainereliefcenter.com.
Last updated Jan 5, 2020