I keep having tightness and tension at the back of my head down to my neck and jaw. i don't know what it is but it makes me wonder what this cause could be. it's doesn't feel like a headache migraine so what is it?

8 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. William Goldie answered

Specializes in Pediatric Neurology

You describe symptoms of muscle tightness and tension. The distribution suggests that it is involved in the jaw muscles. This can be associated with disorders of the temporal mandibular joint (tmj). That is where the jaw connects to the bones near the ear and neck. A thorough medical evaluation including dental x-rays and neck x-rays would be appropriate.

Answered Oct 3, 2016

5.6k views