My daughter is 14. she has double session tryouts for soccer. that equals 4 1/2 hours of soccer a day. she has horrible blisters on her feet. her second toe has a blister under her tonail. her tonail is off colored now. what should we do. she has two more

Dr. Brandon Macy
Podiatry 42 years experience
Blisters under: Toenails are quite common in sports participants. If you're able to drain it, apply a topical antibiotic and wrap it in a band aid, that's about the best you can do short term. You might want to check on the size of the soccer boots. If too small, they can be making things worse. Also, i hope the coach/trainer has them wearing running shoes for the pure running workouts.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 29 years experience
She might try wearing two pair of socks on each foot and see if that helps. This was something I was taught back in high school by my coach and it worked for me. ( to prevent the blisters, not treat them.)
Aug 16, 2012
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Podiatry 50 years experience
See your Podiatrist: Her overuse plus ill fitting soccer shoes are the most likely cause. I would make an appointment with a podiatrist he or she can evaluate her bio mechanics and help her.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 29 years experience
Try: Wearing 2 pair of socks. The blister under the nail should be treated first though. With a sterile instrument lance it and apply a bandaid. If you feel uncomfortable doing the procedure, see a podiatrist.
Last updated Apr 16, 2015