A member asked:

I have a fatty liver no diabetes not obese no high cloesteral but pain near liver area any suggestions blood works good?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Check triglycerides: While most patients with fatty liver are indeed fat. Some patients are thin with fatty liver. I found these patients in general tend to have low HDL and/or elevated triglycerides. Sometimes, i will biopsy the liver to confirm that the condition really is indeed due to fatty liver.

Answered 11/27/2017

5.7k views

Thank
Dr. Pouya Shafipour answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Liver work up: I suggest u check liver enzymes also for hepatitis a b c CMV ebv check GGT as well as liver ultrasound for work up. Also see a gastroenterologist.

Answered 1/12/2015

5.4k views

Thank

Related Questions

Sponsored Content
HealthTap Medical Group does not endorse products or services. Sponsored content revenues support our mission to make health information free and accessible to all.Learn more