A member asked:

I just swallowed a small piece of a plastic fork. what should i do?

12 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Depends how small: Anything smaller than a cm or 1/2 inch should pass without incident. If it is bigger than that or develop any symptoms please visit an emergency room. Do not try to induce vomiting as reching and heaving with a sharp object can cause more damage.

Answered 2/25/2021



Asparagus: For most, a small piece will transit out without difficulty within 3-4 days. If you consume some asparagus, especially in the stringy soupy form, it will form a congeal around the foreign object and soften the edges. Little kids swallow all sorts of stuff and my pedi-surgeon friend used this to help avoid having to go find them surgically.

Answered 12/13/2020



Related Questions

A member asked:

I accidentally swallowed a small piece of plastic pen cover

A doctor has provided 1 answer