does ginger help reduce nausea?

Dr. Benjamin Lerner
Vascular Surgery 19 years experience
Yes: For some people with mild nausea, ginger is very safe and effective.

Why do I feel nauseated by smells that never made me feel sick before?

Dr. Robert Benner
Oversensitive senses: The reasons for increased sensitivity to smells, and the cravings for and aversions to foods in early pregnancy are not clear. These probably had some survival benefit long ago, helping pregnant women to avoid foods that could harm a developing fetus. The biological reason is felt to be the elevated hormone levels of pregnancy but no one knows why some women are more severely affected than others.

What snacks are healthy and help my morning nausea?

Dr. Rakhi Dimino
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Carbs and protein: Reach for snacks that mix healthy carbs with protein such as apples with peanut butter, string cheese and fruit, or carrots and hummus.

Are foods cooked in healthier oils, like olive oil, less likely to cause nausea?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Rule 1: Eat healthy : There is little evidence for what nutrients trigger nausea in certain women in early pregnancy. So unfortunately some must select compatible foods by trial and error. Because there have been many studies showing the benefits of olive oil over other oils, it would be advisable for women to try those first, in proper amounts. Then they should see their physician and nutritionist if nausea persists.
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Specializes in Pediatrics
If this question is related to nausea of pregnancy then homeopathic nux vomica 30c 2-3 pellets as needed works wonders to reduce nausea. It can be taken for the few weeks(hopefully) that nausea occurs. This remedy also works for nausea in general.
Dec 28, 2011

How can I relieve this nausea?

Dr. Jeffrey Crespin
Gastroenterology 28 years experience
Off the roller coast: Nausea is your brain perceiving that your stomach is not moving fast enough. It has many causes including diabetes, chemo and roller coasters and narcotics. Nausea meds include compazine, (prochlorperazine) zofran, Kytril anzemet and marijuana.

What can I do to treat the nausea caused by supplements?

Dr. Michael Sparacino
Slow down: Most people take way too many supplements. Consider whether or not you really need to take them. Try splitting the dose and make sure to take plenty of water.