what is constricting chest pain?

Dr. Gutti Rao
Hospital-based practice 46 years experience
CP: Constricting probably one of the terms used to describe the chest pain. CP whether constricting or not has to be evaluated.
Dr.
Chest Pain -See Doc?: When to see a doctor? How do you know when you need medical help for chest pain? It's not always easy to tell. Helpful simple quiz: http://edition.cnn.com/HEALTH/help.at.home/chest.pain/content.html
Dr.
Just a description: Constricting chest pain is a term health providers use to describe the location or type of the pain. Chest pain can be a symptom of heart disease but may be may other things such as esophageal spasms, great vessel disease, respiratory disorders (asthma, COPD, bronchitis, infections), and muscle problems to name a few.