U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked:

H 3 buldging disc.(l3-4, l4-5) i already seen a spine specialist. doesn't recommend surgery because he's not sure i would get positive results. i have done pt , chiropractor, nothing worked. even the 10mg lortab q.i.d barely took the edge off i'm stuck. a

2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 41 years experience
What are symptoms: Just because you have a small canal does not necessarily mean this is the cause of your back pain. Also, disc bulges are not symptomatic but normal findings on imaging studies. If your pain is arising from multiple disc levels, there is a lower success of spine surgery. Other factors that may also hinder a good result include smoking and obesity as well as being deconditioned or out of shape.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Orrin Ailloni-Charas
Anesthesiology 30 years experience
See a second : Specialist. Get another opinion. If nothing else works, consult with a pain management specialist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.