U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked:

What are the best mesures to control frequent asthma

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Family Medicine 39 years experience
Frequent asthma: See your doc/pediatrician/pulmonologist to establish a regimen for the degree of severity of your asthma. May require breathing tests & learning to use a peak flow meter to tell when your asthma is getting worse. Usually a beta agonist (like albuterol) is used to open airways & inhaled corticosteroid used to fight the inflammation component. Other meds may be added if hard to control.
Dr. Rada Ivanov
Pulmonary Critical Care 32 years experience
Avoid triggers: Consult your doctor who can give you asthma education materials or refer you to a clinic. Many things in your environment may trigger your asthma, such as dust, pollen, pets, smoke etc.

Related questions

A 45-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 32-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 42-year-old member asked:
3 doctor answers10 doctors weighed in
A 30-year-old male asked:
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Oct 18, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.