When should i begin taking glucosamine?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Geriatrics 41 years experience
As soon as Dx made.: If you are an adult and already diagnosed having osteoarthritis you may. I am not aware glucosamine may prevent the disease. Remember that in the USA we have conflicting reports. Read the article in wikipedia.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/glucosamine.
Dr. Arthur Mandelin
Rheumatology 21 years experience
Unproven: While these dietary supplements are very popular, their usefulness has not been convincingly proven.
Dr. Dean Giannone
When there's OA: The combination of glucosamine and chondroitin has been shown in studies to (1) provide a degree of pain relief in the short term, and (2) trigger growth of new cartilage when taken for at least two years straight. So it can help you pain and reverse some of the chronic damage. You can find this in the health food store. Start when arthritis is evident and painful.