My niece is having severe back pain and skin sensitivity but my sister in-law refuses to take her to a doctor what should i do?

Dr. Larry Armstrong
Neurosurgery 27 years experience
Difficult to answer: Family dynamics are often difficult when a family member is suffering and you want to intervene without any medicolegal right to demand anything. You would probably be best to gently suggest to your brother or sister in law that a dr. May be able to help. If you feel extra generous, you may even offer to help with the cost for the visit. Good luck!
Dr. Alexandre De Moura
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 31 years experience
Convince her!: A child should not have back pain and definitely not severe pain! this requires medical mgmt. If she continues to refuse treatment for her daughter consider contacting child protective services!

Last updated Oct 4, 2016