A member asked:

I have suffered with chronic pain in only the left top portion of my back. i take naprosyn, (naproxen) but it only helps a little. i have had this pain for 6 months. what should i do? i don't have insurance.

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. James Eitner answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Ultimately, See Doc: An ice pack, cold massage, heating pad, or warm compress applied to the area may help to reduce pain. Use nonprescription pain drugs such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or acetaminophen. As pain eases, stretch & strengthen. Focus on back and abdominal strength, flexibility, and posture. To learn more: national institute of arthritis & musculoskeletal & skin disorders, www.Niams.Nih.Gov.

Answered 4/24/2013



Related Questions

A member asked:

Can i take naproxen for mysofacial chronic pain?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers