i have a rash starting on my scalp going down my back and also on my stomacher my doctor said infection of the follicules. the rash itches terribly.?

Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
20 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Could be: If you are on an antibiotic and it is persisting you should also make sure that you rule out a contact dermatitis with something you are wearing or your sheets. The itching and distribution of the rash are suspicious for contact dermatitis... Worth asking your doctor about and trying to figure out if there is something you are in contact with that is new. Could also be a drug allergy if new meds?
Answered on Dec 9, 2013