What is a source of instant anxiety relief?

10 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Pam Yoder answered

Specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine

Close eyes, breathe : There are many threats to health and well-being. In addition to cancer and heart disease, these risks include working, driving, falling--the list goes on. One approach is to worry about what if. Another is to avoid toxins, eat healthful foods one prepares, exercise appropriately, sleep well, take precautions for safety, keep medical/dental appointments and do relaxation exercise to limit stress :).

Answered 4/10/2018

5.7k views

Dr. Alan Koenigsberg answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

None: In my experience, there is nothing that will provide quick relief, let along instant relief. You need to consult with your family physician, get a thorough evaluation, and seek appropriate treatment. That will work.

Answered 2/29/2016

4.5k views

Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Instant? : I agree with dr. Koenigsberg. I know of no method for instant relief. When i need something to settle me here i now, i either get acupuncture or I do breathing relaxation exercises. Breath in slowly ; deeply through your nostrils. Fill your lungs with air (but not to the point of discomfort). Hold for a count of five then slowly begin to exhale through an open mouth. Repeat at least 12 times, .

Answered 2/2/2014

4.5k views