With alternative treatments or behavior modification for weight loss?

9 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Pam Yoder answered

Specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine

Step 2--Do something: Uncontrolled eating can be triggered by seeing some stimuli, eg, tv commercials, food in kitchen, etc. However, it is difficult to eat a lot when actively exercising especially away from stimuli. These are "incompatible" behaviors. Think of some others, eg, playing with kids, working in yard, knitting, typing, even cleaning! and do them, any of them, to keep you from thinking about and eating food.

Answered 12/9/2013

5.7k views

Dr. Marsha Davis answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Yes: Go to free weight loss, .Com for an excellent article. Eating for most of us is a list of habits developed over time that we need to break. Also put smaller portions on a bigger plate. Count the times you chew your food. Drink water after each bite. Don't buy bad choice foods. Try not to chew gum during the day as it stimulats the juices that signal your brain to make you want to eat!

Answered 1/25/2017

5.6k views