Chula Vista, CA

I am 4 days late for my period and have some pink discharge when i wipe but have negative hpt could i still be pregnant?

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Maybe a bit early: It is only 4 days past and so could be a bit too early for the hpt to pick-up. I would recommend repeat in 5-7 days. If still neg, then likely you are not pregnant yet. If positive, congrats. Good luck.
Pathology 49 years experience
Agree with Dr. N: Conception occurs within day or so of the sex. It takes about 3 weeks for the embryo to make enough HCG for a positive pregnancy test. Blood test may be done a day after a missed period. Home pregnancy tests should be done 4-5 days after the missed period. If the result is negative repeat the test in 4-5 days. Use first morning urine and follow instructions for the test carefully.

Last updated Mar 22, 2020