my right knee hurts after i drive my car. day to day and after exercise it is fine. when i bend my right knee slowly, i hear/feel a click.?

Dr. Vance Harris
Knee pain: Click may come from the patella being slightly misaligned over the knee. More than likely when you drive your knee and heel are not lined up in that puts a strain on the ligaments along the side of the knee and can cause pain.
Dr. Ronald Herring
Anesthesiology 17 years experience
Knee pain: When you are in a seated position the patella (Knee cap) acts as a fulcrum. Your quadriceps attach to it. In some people, the patella will slide laterally excessively and cause a kind of 'lock up' pain/click. See and orthopod for a good exam. There is a simple surgery to correct the problem.

Last updated Jul 1, 2014