I am suffering from both head hair loss and chest hair loss; are they related? and is it a symptom of male pattern? ps: hair breaks form the root

Dr. Bryan Levey
Get it checked: If they are breaking off at the level of the skin, the problem may be a fungal infection, especially if the hair loss is patchy, as opposed to mail pattern baldness. You might see little black dots where the hairs broke off.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Pathology 46 years experience
Not the usual: This just isn't male pattern baldness. You're only 22 and while you've probably lost the hair on your temples like all guys, male pattern baldness famously spares the chest and doesn't feature shafts breaking. I'll bet you have a fungus. Get yourself seen. Best wishes.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016