South Elgin, IL

i have chest and back pain after quiting smoking. ekg clear, as was chest xray. is this normal, it is quite intense and has lasted over a week.?

Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Neurology 58 years experience
Related?!!: Your chest and backache need to be investigated . Quitting smoking in my humble opinion does not have side effects beyond temporary weight gain and some anxiety? !
Dr. Marc Hirsch
Yes, it can be.: Chest and back pain are common effects of smoking and they can occur in withdrawal. Stay alert. Don't believe that starting smoking again will end these symptoms. You may need several medical re-evaluations by a doctor during your withdrawal from smoking. It is so worth it. Good luck.