i am 33. i have a flat raised ulcer on the inside of my cheek. it started out as a lump in my cheek and the ulcer is painless. could it be mouth cancer?

Dr. Robert Greer
Doubtful but i worry: Although unlikely unless you "chew" it demands attention.A dmd would be a good first step.
Dr. Willis Hardesty
Dentistry 28 years experience
Have it checked: Depending on what the lesion looks like, it may be somethign totally benign. If it started out as a lump, it could be an injured minor salivary gland. Removal of these is relatively easy. The smartest thing to do is to have it evaluated by a dentist and removed for oral pathologic evaluation to make a definitive determination.
Dr. Daniel Sampson
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 26 years experience
It could be: I would recommend seeing your dentist as soon as possible, or an oral surgeon to have this evaluated. Anything that has been present for a year really needs attention.
Dr. Clifford Marks
Dentistry 35 years experience
2 weeks with it?: You need to get this checked out if its still there after 2 weeks. Even tho its painless, please don't delay.