what kind of doctor should i take my infant daughter to if she has a heart murmur?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Samuel Freedman
8 years experience Pediatrics
Heart murmur: A pediatrric cardiologist.
Answered on Jul 22, 2012
Dr. Mark Landers
30 years experience Cardiac Electrophysiology
Infant murmer: Assume it was heard by a pediatrician. Most infant murmers are benign and resolve over time. You should seek the advice of your pediatrician about the murmer. Sometimes an echocardiogram is obtained to evaluate the murmer and if abnormal then you may be referred to a pediatric cardiologist.
Answered on May 17, 2016
2
Dr. Susan Hoffman
27 years experience Pediatrics
Pediatric cardiologi: you should take her to a pediatric cardiologist. Did your pediatrician say what kind of a murmur it is? A lot of children, at some point, have an innocent murmur, which is transient and benign. If it is pathologic, you should be referred to the specialist, be well!
Answered on Jun 24, 2015