im having very uncomfortable pain on my left side only. it starts on my lower back and goes all the way to my ankles. the left side of my buttocks is also in a lot of pain. my leg feels tingly and slightly numb and is sensitive to the touch on the outside

5 doctor answers
Dr. Pietro Seni
47 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Sciatica: The symptoms you are describing are very similar to those of sciatica or compression of one the nerve roots.Proper evaluation by a physician is recomended to determine the cause.
Answered on Nov 29, 2013
6
Dr. Rudolf Zak
19 years experience Podiatry
Sciatica: It sounds like you might have sciatica. Recommend you see your doctor for further evaluation.
Answered on Apr 24, 2015
8
Dr. Thomas Burghardt
28 years experience Podiatry
Sciatica: Shooting pain could be due to compression of the sciatic nerve in the lower back. This may be due to several causes. Have someone watch you walk. If your shoulder or hip tilt to one side, try adding a lift under your heel on the shorter side. If this does not relieve your pain, you may need to see a qualified back specialist.
Answered on Nov 29, 2013
3
Dr. James Lunsford
43 years experience Podiatry
Sciatica: Lilely due to a lumbar disc issue.
Answered on Nov 4, 2014
6
Dr. Alan Ettinger
49 years experience Podiatry
Low back: You may have low back disc problem or sciatica. I suggest you see your dr. This can progress to a serious back problem.
Answered on Oct 24, 2017
1