what is phenazopyridine and does it flush your system out?

Dr. Michael Dansie
Used for UTIs: This drug produces a topical analgesic effect on the urinary mucosa.

How can you flush metronidazole out of your system?

Dr. Raj Syal
Dr. Raj Syalanswered
Why?: Metronidazole will be cleared from your body within 48 hours. The nausea associated with this medication is common and resolves much sooner.

I think I have my contact stuck in the top lid of my eye, help!? Can't seem to flush it out.

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Alianswered
Contact stuck: Gentle pressure over top lid with one hand while turning that lid up with the other hand at edge of lid. If fails, ask your partner to look at it & maybe apply sterile eye rinse solution to that eye.

Where can I buy niacin that will not flush my face?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine 40 years experience
Health store, online: You can buy this at most health food stores or, of course, online. There are 2 forms of Niacin that do not cause flushing. One is time-released niacin. However, this form has an increased risk of elevating liver enzymes, so if taking one should get blood tests of liver function periodically. Inositol hexanicotinate is called no-flush Niacin & is safer but may not work as well- see my comment:.
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker commented
Holistic Medicine 40 years experience
Provided original answer
As mentioned, while Inositol Hexanicotinate is safer than time-released niacin, it is not clear if it is as effective at lowering cholesterol, though I have seen it work for patients. If you try it, take an adequate dose and check your cholesterol before and after to see if it works for you. See http://cholesterol.about.com/od/nicotinicacid/a/noflushniacin.htm
Jul 18, 2012

Can I flush out a urinary infection by drinking a lot of water?

Dr. Suman Das
Plastic Surgery 54 years experience
Not quite: Certainly, you can help with the supportive treatment , but you must take appropriate antibiotics.

How can I tell the difference between my face flushing and pre-rosacea?

Dr. Richard Tholen
Plastic Surgery 41 years experience
You can't!: I'm not even sure pre-rosacea is a diagnosis, but flushing is simply dilated facial skin capillaries in response to emotional triggers, certain foods, alcohol, or other causes not completely understood. Rosacea is characterized by vascular and follicular dilation involving areas of the face and nose; it can be mild to severe, can can involve sebaceous hyperplasia, pustules, and bacterial cofactors.