U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old member asked:

What can i do for a bruised/swollen thumb?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine 40 years experience
Ice, rest, nsaisds: If you have an injured thumb, it should resolve in a few days with ice, rest , nsaids if symptoms persist, you might want to check it out to make sure you don't have a fracture of a ligament injury.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Similar questions

A 32-year-old member asked:

What can I do to ease the pain from a bruised/swollen thumb?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Yash Khanna
Family Medicine 58 years experience
Ice lopcally&motrin: If it is recent use ice locally, and you can take ibuprophen(motrin) or Aleve (naproxen) for pain and inflammation.
Last updated Feb 9, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.