Lutz, FL

what do i ask my doctor in order to get prescribed the hormone that stops breakthrough bleeding?

Dr. Allison Urrutia
Breakthrough bleedin: If you are on a birth control pill, you need to discuss changing to a higher dose pill. I recommend using new birth control for three months. If you still have bleeding, may need a change. If you aren't on birth control, you may have other reasons for bleeding and should discuss you duration and frequency of bleeding with your doctor.
Dr. Juan Richiusa
NO: You shouldn't ask for that. You should see your dr. And find out why are you having breakthrough bleeding, it might be as simple as changing to a different birth control.
Dr. Edwin Schuller
Ask: Ask what you just asked!

Last updated Aug 2, 2012