U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 46-year-old member asked:

How can i manage thyroid disease?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
A Verified Doctoranswered
29 years experience
Which Disorder?: For an underactive thyroid, levothyroxine pills are prescribed to take daily for thyroid hormone replacement. Overactive thyroid: graves disease - there are other treatments which include certain medications to block your thyroid from over working and medication to lower heart rate and blood pressure if necessary until thyroid under better control. Also, radioablation to rid overactive gland.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Similar questions

A 19-year-old female asked:

What is thyroid disease?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Frederick Singer
Endocrinology 59 years experience
Many types.: Thyroid disease is a nonspecific term which indicates there is an abnormality of thyroid function. These include excess secretion of thyroid hormones, decreased secretion, nodules including cancer, and inflammation. A variety of tests help determine the specific type of disease.

Related questions

A 32-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 42-year-old female asked:
2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A 38-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 19-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer8 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jul 17, 2012
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.