Skokie, IL

I've been getting dry itchy scalp and chunks of brown crusty stuff that gets stuck to my scalp and hair. i have exzema. and it smells bad

Dr. Stephen Friedman
Dermatology 42 years experience
Infection: Eczema patients are prone to staphylococcal infections. The presence of the smell and appearance of the brown crust strongly suggests the pathogenic bacterium staphylococcus aureus. Consult with your physician for the evaluation including skin culture, and appropriate treatment of the eczema and the infection.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 11, 2019