U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 37-year-old member asked:

I am 21 year old. i am an engineer .because of thinness i look very ugly. how do i increase my body size?

2 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Pediatrics 58 years experience
Thin build: If you were genetically born to be thin, there is not much you can do about it. Provided you maintain a healthy diet abiding by consumption of correct calorie and nutrient requirements, you may be able to enhance your look by engaging in physical activities to promote muscle growth. Working out5-7x a week ( both isotonic and isometric exercises) will improve muscle tone and increase muscle girth.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 46 years experience
Focus on fitness: Your bone structure is established. Many women prefer a lighter-boned man. You want to put on some muscle, which you can do with a combination of cardiovascular / aerobic and resistance training. You don't need any body fat and there's no magic diet or pill. Many (most?) women prefer the guys in the photo to muscle-heads. Hit the gym; if you have body dysmorphic disorder, we can treat it.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 40-year-old member asked:
Does the thickness/thinness of a lens effect how likely your glasses will slide down when you blink?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 40-year-old member asked:
Do masturbation leads to hairfall and thinness?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 40-year-old member asked:
How to relieve thinness in arms?
2 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
Last updated Nov 20, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$44 video appointments with $19/month membership*
*Billed $57 every 3 months. Cancel anytime.


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.