U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 34-year-old member asked:

Should i get my tubal reversed for my n ew husband. he wants a boy?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Traub
Fertility Medicine 20 years experience
Depends: You should sit down with a fertility specialist to discuss that. That may be a reasonable option but if you truly want a boy it may not be the best option. Both of you should have a complete evaluation before making any decisions on how to get pregnant.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
That specific ?: If he wants just a boy, and your ovaries are healthy, contact a fertility center. Reversals don't always work, and if you did get pregnant, it might get stuck in the tube (not survive) and might be a girl.You could have your eggs harvested, have his sperm fertilize some eggs, and do gender selection and place the boy in your womb to start the pregnancy. Expensive but available.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 48-year-old member asked:
Having third csection, debating tubal or hubby having vasectomy, what's the difference?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 35-year-old member asked:
Can women get a tubal reversal done?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 36-year-old member asked:
Should women under 20 be able to get a tubal ligation?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 26-year-old female asked:
Can i get disability for having tubal ligation syndrome?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 38-year-old member asked:
What is the percentage of women that get post tubal ligation syndrome?
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Last updated Sep 25, 2015

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.