U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 34-year-old member asked:

Suffer from narcolepsy, i think. should i get a sleep study?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Dennis Clifford
A Verified Doctoranswered
44 years experience
Yes you should: The test you need is called a multiple sleep latency test which is performed in a sleep lab. It involves being monitored overnight and then taking a series of naps the next day to assess your level of excessive sleepiness.
Last updated Nov 24, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.