how common is it to have a hypothalamic tumor resulting in excess adh (vasopressin) and high blood pressure?

Pathology 44 years experience
Extremely uncommon: There are some made-up "teaching materials" out there that talk about this. Excess ADH (vasopressin) is common in small-cell lung cancer but actually produces low sodium rather than high blood pressure since other hormones control body water volume by removing sodium in the urine. If you've been told you have such a tumor, get a second opinion. Real hypothalamic tumors seldom make hormones.