what is 'systemic lupus erythematosus' in clear tems?

Dr. Dan Fisher
Autoimmune disease: A disease in which your body makes antibodies against your own cells. These antibodies cause destruction and inflammation which produce a wide variety of symptoms depending on what cells are being injured. There are some common symptoms and signs with the disease, but just about any symptom could be produced by lupus.
Dr. Yash Khanna
S L E : Systemic lupus erythematosus is an auto immune disease, that can affect skin, joints, kodneys, brain, and other organs.Auto immune means bodys immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissues symptoms vary from person to person and may come and go.It is diagnosed with history of symptoms and blood tests for several antibodies it is treated with steroids and non steroidal meds, avoid sun and wear protect.