how long would athletes foot last in a shoe that has not been worn? how do you sterilize the shoe?

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 41 years experience
Many months: You can spray the shoes with an antifungal spray and let the dry. There is also a device that uses a spectrum of uv light to kill the fungus. The device is placed into the shoes.
Dr. Tharesh Udupa
Podiatry 22 years experience
Can last for a while: Fungus can hang around for a while. You reduce the amount by spraying the inside of the shoe with an antifungal spray after you have worn it. This will reduce the amount of fungal load in the shoe. If you sterilize a shoe it will unfortunately be unwearable.