U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 41-year-old member asked:

I have a pierced nipple and it is now infected so what can you do for me?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. David Doucette
Obstetrics and Gynecology 39 years experience
See doctor: Some mild redness around a piercing site could be normal but only an examination by a medical professional can determine if you really have an infection. If infected, you'll probably need antibiotics in addition to good hygiene of the area.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jan 29, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.