sometimes i get sudden urges to pee and then leak. is this urge incontinence?

Dr. Eric Umbreit
Urology 14 years experience
Sounds like it: This is a classic description from a patient. It may also be overflow incontinence, which occurs with a distended bladder.
Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Gynecology 23 years experience
Yes: There are a few types of incontinence: stress incontinence: leaking w/ activity/coughing/ sneezing or urge incontinence: a sudden urge to got to the bathroom. Different types of incontinence are treated differently. Some can be treated with surgery and others medication.A good resource is www.voicesforpfd.org. You can also discuss further with a gynecologist/ urogynecologist/urologist