Is it safe to take arimidex (anastrozole) to boost testosterone levels?

Dr. David Hicks
No: Using a chemotheraputic medication for anything other rtthan chemo therapy is not advised. I would suggest you seek consultation if you need hormaone therapy and to get safe therapy. Arimidex (anastrozole) risk is too high for unwantd effects and is not indicated for this type of therapy.
Dr. Gurney Pearsall
Anti-Aging Medicine 30 years experience
Loaded Question: While this is possible in theory, it is an off-label use. Actually, it is waaaay off label. Since most physicians prefer to maintain their state medical licenses, few will endorse or rx Arimidex (anastrozole) to boost testosterone. If you are diagnosed as being testostone deficient {hypogonadism}, then the standard of care would be testosterone replacement therapy. The diagnosis is straight-forward.
Dr. Ben Eggleston
20 years experience
Won't "boost": Arimidex (anastrozole) is an aromatase inhibitor, it blocks the production of estrogen. So, it won't boost testosterone (t), but can prevent existing t from being converted to estrogen.