what medicines can my father with glaucoma take?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 52 years experience
No limits: If you father is taking medication to treat glaucoma, then he has most likely had a diagnosis of open angle glaucoma (oag). There are no limits to other medication he can take simultaneously. There is a type of glaucoma called narrow angle for which disclaimers are listed on medication "do not take if you have glaucoma"- but these are for a type he doesn't have.
Dr. Constance Okeke
Ophthalmology 21 years experience
Depends: on what kind of glaucoma your father has: narrow vs open angle glaucoma. Many over the counter and prescription meds have components that can affect narrow angle glaucoma moreso. Usually steroids should be used with caution as they can increase eye pressure in any glaucoma. His eye provider should help elucidate this more in detail for you. Hope this helps!