A member asked:

After swimming, i have water in my ear. been there for 3 days. tried sleeping with concerned ear facing down. it doesn't hurt. should i do something?

9 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Get wax out: If you still feel water or hear it slosh then you probably have an ear full of wax holding the water behind it. Get some ear wax drops and use them for 3 days or till cleared. If it isn't better see your doctor.

Answered 6/25/2012



Alcohol: Try soaking a cotton ball in alcohol, then squeeze excess in ear. This alcohol should dry up the water. Stagnant water can creat an environment that encourages swimmers ear to develop. The alcohol should prevent the swimmers ear from developing.

Answered 11/28/2017



Related Questions