Achilles tendon surgery 2 years ago this 9/1/12. i still have serve pain in my heal & when i walk i can feel like something is tearing. ?

Dr. Robert Purchase
Orthopedic Surgery 23 years experience
Achilles tendinitis: Without knowing the details of the surgery 2 years ago, it is hard to comment on it. However, the symptoms you describe sound very much like achilles tendinitis. I suggest that you see your orthopedic surgeon to be evaluated.
Dr. David Laha
Podiatry 38 years experience
Tendinitis: The achilles tendon has a poor blood supply. With any injury or surgery to repair an injury, there will be scarring. The amount of scarring depends on severity of injury, amount of surgery needed to repair the injury, patient compliance and the body's ability to heal. Since you are still having problems, see you foot specialist. Don't let it continue. Dr l.

Last updated Nov 27, 2017