can you tell me the medical definition of hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy ?

Dr. Timothy Byrnes
Defined.: Most often the portion of the heart between the right and left ventricles (septum) is thickened. This narrows the region below the aortic valve and causes a portion of mitral valve to be sucked into this area during ventricular ejection (emptying). As a result there is narrowing of outflow leading to obsruction.
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Cardiology 51 years experience
Obstructing heart : Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with obstruction is a condition of excess thickness of the left ventricle with overgrown muscle causing obstruction of blood flow out of the heart.