What all must i do the week before artificial disc replacement surgery?

Dr. Jonathan Hyde
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 30 years experience
Prepare: The best advice is to check with your surgeon. Most would recommend cessation of anti-inflammatory medications and blood thinning medications between 7-10 days prior to surgery. You also may be asked to undergo an enema or bowel prep before surgery.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Robert Masson
Neurosurgery 34 years experience
Prehab: I encourage passive cervical range of motion, beneath aggravation of nerve symptoms, long walks to get the body ready for the mild trauma of surgery, improve lung function and minimize risk of blood clots, and most importantly visualize the recovery process in a positive proactive way.