Canada

i have a pain in my left groin, left buttock and it is painful to walk. could it be a pinched nerve? it hurts to sit.

Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice 31 years experience
Yes, Pinched nerve: The description of the pain does fit a 'pinched lumbar nerve'. A lumbar spine MRI is the best test to check out the possiblility. You should get seen and you may get a prescription for Medrol (methylprednisolone) pack to help with the nerve inflammation. Warning signs are bladder/bowel changes and/or severe weakness. Hope you are better soon!
Dr. Thomas Kennedy
Orthopedic Surgery 42 years experience
Perhaps: Groin and buttock pain and increased pain with standing/walking is most often related to a condition of the hip. The second most common cause of pain like you describe would be nerve root irritation in the lumbar spine. A visit to an orthopaedic surgeon for a history and physical exam will probably provide you an answer, but additional tests may also be warranted.