New Zeland

I have gap between my molar. gums above that get swollen sometimes & its painful. i floss blood comes out & swelling is relieved. what is the remedy?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 42 years experience
Open Contact: The open contact in that area is allowing food to get impacted. This irritation inflames the gum and bone and usually results in a periodontal defect. Without treatment that tooth can be lost. Have your dentist determine why you have the opening... cavity, broken filling, shifting teeth? Once the reason is determined, the remedy can be applied.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 20, 2016