MI

Is hair dye safe in 36 week of pregnancy?

Dr. Charles Whiting
Unknown: There aren't any good studies on hair dye in pregnancy that I know of. Each hair dye is different and some of the chemicals can be absorbed through the skin. But we don't really know what affect this might have on the baby. Best wishes!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Peter Baumann
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Probably safe: http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-color-my-hair-during-pregnancy_3273.bc I agree with the statements made on babycenter's website. While it mainly affects women in their first trimester, always keep in mind that the "natural" malformation rate is in the range of 3+ %. If your baby happens to have a malformation and you were exposed to a chemical believed to be safe, doubts may haunt you.
Last updated Jan 4, 2015