Santa Fe Springs, CA
A 33-year-old female asked about a female:

My daughter fell earlier today.she continues to complain that her wrist is hurting.minimal swelling, some tenderness to touch.still mobile. sprain?

Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Pain Management 40 years experience
Fall: Children often fall. Colles fracture is also quite common. If she has pain and it is swollen then an X-Ray is definitely needed.
Complicated: There are 8 bones in the wrist and dozens in the hand. Kids that age can have a complex or simple simple beer can dent like torus fractures in the forearm, a crack in a wrist bone or any of the finger bones. Failure to properly treat these can have long term effects on wrist mobility.The only way to tell is have x-rays done & even then it can be hard to find. I'd take her in if it was my kid.

Last updated Sep 4, 2017