I feel like i have some psychological deficit. i was the high achiever type and became sick 3 months ago, and am not getting better. the dr is referring me to psychiatry...

11 doctors weighed in across 4 answers

Type A personality: characteristics: Time urgency and impatience-always in a race easily frustrated 2. Free-Floating Hostility or Aggressiveness--impatience,being easily upset over small things 3. Physical characteristics: facial tension,body aches,muscle tension Negative Effects of Type A 1.Hypertension 2. heart disease,3. job Stress-Type A people usually find themselves in demanding jobs-which leads to burn out

Answered 12/30/2014

3.4k views

Dr. David Lipkin answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Go to this web site: Sorry to hear your not feeling well. Apparently your physician feels you may need help with some psychological/emotional difficulties. The following NHS website is an excellent place to start. There is a lot of things that you can do on your own, in addition to professional help, to get better. But do follow your Drs advice and see a psychiatrist. SEE: http://bit.ly/1z3E1qf

Answered 12/30/2014

3.4k views

Consult outcome: I am assuming your dr is referring you to psychiatry because you don't have any other diagnosed illness and he/she may think it is a psychiatric illness. I think you may benefit from an initial consult with a psychiatrist, however psychotherapy may be an option too and a psychiatrist would be able to make that assessment after speaking with you.

Answered 2/27/2019

2.5k views

Dr. Krishna Kumar answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Anxiety, Depression: I commend you for being high achiever, and understand your discomfort. At age 31, you may have gone through stresses of relationships, work and finances which may have caused anxiety and depression. Both conditions are treatable with good success. Seeing a psychiatrist will be beneficial for Diagnosis and Therapy. Your Emotional Health is Precious!

Answered 12/2/2019

120 views