am i at increased risk of cervical artery dissection with my migraine history and intercranial hypertension?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Eric Chevlen
46 years experience Medical Oncology
No.: neither of those conditions (whose pathology lies within the skull) increases risk of cervical artery dissection. The cervical artery is mostly outside of the skull.
Answered on Jul 7, 2017
1
Dr. Michael Schwartz
32 years experience Vascular Surgery
Not really: Although aortic dissection is related to hypertension and disorders of the vessel wall, carotid dissection is related to mild traumatic torque of the artery itself. It's much less related to hypertension and not related to migraines
Answered on Jul 7, 2017
2
Dr. John Ricotta
47 years experience Vascular Surgery
Likely not: Both migraine and intracranial hypertension have varied causes most of which are not related to dissection of the vertebral or carotid arteries in the neck. dissection is usually related to either trauma in the neck, systemic hypertension or fibromuscular dysplasia of the carotid or vertebral arteries which can by diagnosed by ultrasound or CT angiography.
Answered on Jan 12, 2015
1