How long does it take for your mouth to heal after a wisdom tooth extraction?

Dr. Zahid Ahmed
Dentistry 12 years experience
2-6 weeks, varies : Following a tooth extraction you can should generally feel a gradual improvement in your symptoms over the first 2 weeks. If you feel like the pain is getting worse it is important to see your provider for follow up. Extractions can vary greatly and will take long to heal if bone removal was required. It might also take longer if post op instructions are not followed.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.