What type of people usually have problems with their kidneys?

Dr. Kevin Griffiths
Specializes in Nephrology and Dialysis
Anybody: People with hypertension and diabetes are at an increased risk for having kidney probems. Also individuals who spill excessive amounts of protein in their urine are at risk for kidney disease. That is why it is important to get your blood and urine checked out regularly with your doctor.
Dr. Patricia Roy
Anybody: Kidney disease can occur to anyone. If it caused by an infection, nobody is totally immune. The usual reasons for kidney failure, leading to dialysis, are combinations of diabetes, high blood pressure, and poor circulation. There are genetic, inherited forms of kidney disease as well.